SecretSanta.com gift exchanges are now powered by the Elfster Secret Santa Generator! To create a Yankee Swap gift exchange, just click on the Create a Gift Exchange Event tab on the top of the page.
Here’s How To Create a Yankee Swap Gift Exchange:
- Sign into your account, or if you are already in your account, click on Start A Gift Exchange and follow the step-by-step instructions in the Secret Santa Generator wizard.
- Enter a title for your gift exchange event in the Gift Exchange Name box. (something like John Doe’s 3rd Annual White Elephant or XYZ Corp.’s 2004 White Elephant).
- Set the date your gift exchange event will take place and the deadline date for your invitees to RSVP.
- Enter details about your gift exchange, like whether or not you will be participating and how gifts will be exchanged. If gifts will be exchanged at a party, provide a location (Will it be around the family Christmas tree or in the lunchroom in the workplace?)
- Select a budget for your gifts. Keep in mind that swapping with family members might involve a higher price range than one that takes place in an office environment. But remember, it isn’t the amount of money spent that makes a gift a hit — the more creative the gift the better.
- Add a description in the “Anything else you want to tell everyone?” section. This area will provide participants with any details about the event – e.g. party theme, game rules, etc. This description will be available on the “Gift Exchange” page.
For a little variation in your Yankee Swap game, why not have all of the gifts tied to a particular theme (i.e. Hawaiian, Musical, Gourmet Foods, Fashion). Adding a theme allows the participants to be more creative with their gift choices.
- Next, you are ready to invite friends and family. Create your list of invitees for the event using email or by posting a link to share on Facebook or Twitter.
- You will now be able to access your new gift exchange by clicking that option, by clicking on the Gift Exchanges page at the top of the screen, or from your Home page.
- Once invitations have been sent, participants will be able to RSVP to your gift exchange and get started on Elfster, too.
- Since names will not be drawn to assign specific matches in a Yankee Swap style gift exchange, please visit the Privacy & Options tab to check the option: Do not draw names automatically after the sign up date. This will allow the organizer to control the gift assignment numbers.