SecretSanta.com gift exchanges are now powered by the Elfster Secret Santa Generator! To start your Gift Exchange, just share a few details with our Secret Santa Generator and our elves will do the rest! Registration is fast, easy, and free.
Starting a White Elephant Gift Exchange is Easy:
- Log into your account, or if you are already in your account, click on Start A Gift Exchange and follow the step-by-step instructions in the Secret Santa Generator wizard.
- Provide a name for your gift exchange event in the Gift Exchange Name box. (i.e. John Doe’s 3rd Annual White Elephant or XYZ Corp.’s 2004 White Elephant).
- Set the date for your gift exchange event and the date you would like your friends to RSVP.
- You will be asked a few more questions about your gift exchange, like whether or not you will be participating and how gifts will be exchanged. If gifts will be exchanged at a party, provide a location (Will it be around the family Christmas tree or in the lunchroom in the workplace?)
- Select a budget for your gifts. Make sure the gift’s suggested price is appropriate to the participants and the game environment. For example, a Secret Santa game among family members might involve a higher price range than one that takes place in an office environment.
- Provide a description of your gift exchange event in the “Anything else you want to tell everyone?” section. This area should be used to provide participants with any details about the event – e.g. party theme, game rules, etc. This description will be provided on the “Gift Exchange” page.
- TIP: For a little variation in your White Elephant game, why not have all of the gifts tied to a particular theme (i.e. Hawaiian, Musical, Gourmet Foods, Fashion). Adding a theme allows the participants to be more creative with their gift choices.
- Next, you are ready to invite friends and family. Create your list of invitees for the event using email or by posting a link to share on Facebook or Twitter.
- TIP: You can play this gift-swapping game with as few as five or six people and as many as fifty. But keep in mind, the more players, the more time consuming the game becomes. Usually your gift-giving list is already pre-categorized into “family”, “friends”, and “co-workers” so that’s often a good place to start finding participants.
- You will now be able to access your new gift exchange by clicking the option to view your exchange or by clicking on the Gift Exchanges tab at the top of the screen.
- In a White Elephant Gift Exchange, names will not be drawn to assign specific matches, so please visit the Privacy & Options tab to check the option: Do not draw names automatically after the sign up date. This will tell our Secret Santa Generator that you do not need names to be drawn to allow the organizer to control the gift assignment numbers.
Woot Woot! You have just created an awesome White Elephant Gift Exchange!