SecretSanta.com gift exchanges are now powered by the Elfster Secret Santa Generator! To start your Gift Exchange, just share a few details with our Secret Santa Generator and our elves will do the rest! Registration is fast, easy, and free.
Using the Secret Santa Generator:
- Sign into your account, or if you are already in your account, click on Start A Gift Exchange and follow the step-by-step instructions in the Secret Santa Generator wizard.
- Create a title for your gift exchange in the Gift Exchange Name box. (i.e. John Doe’s 3rd Annual White Elephant or XYZ Corp.’s 2004 White Elephant).
- Enter the date your gift exchange event will take place and the deadline date for friends to RSVP. Names will be drawn on the day after the date you select as your deadline to RSVP.
- You will be asked a few more questions about your gift exchange, like whether or not you will be participating (or just organizing) and how gifts will be exchanged. If gifts will be exchanged at a party, provide a location (Will it be around the family Christmas tree or in the lunchroom in the workplace?)
- TIP: Want to make a simple old Secret Santa more interesting? Assign the game a theme (i.e. Musical, Gourmet Foods, Fashion). Not only does it add a fun twist to the game, but it can also help out someone who has no idea what to buy for his or her chosen person.
- Select a budget for your gifts. Remember, exchanging gifts with family members might involve a higher price range than one that takes place in an office environment. It isn’t the amount of money spent that makes a gift a hit — the more creative the gift the better.
- Add a description in the “Anything else you want to tell everyone?” section. This area will provide participants with any details about the event – e.g. party theme, game rules, etc. These details will be found on the “Gift Exchange” page for participants to view at any time.
- Now it’s time to invite friends and family. There are several options to create your list of invitees for the event, including email or by posting a link to share on Facebook or Twitter.
- Once invitations have been sent, participants will be able to RSVP to your gift exchange and get started on Elfster, too.
- To access your new gift exchange, click on the Gift Exchanges tab at the top of your homepage.
Way to go! You have just created a Secret Santa Gift Exchange!